Thursday, April 12, 2007

What Other People Are Reading

There's a new addition to my blogroll at right: L.A. Stories. Don posted a comment about reading during commute and lunch - negating the need to combine reading and nightlife. Absolutely true, although I can no longer read on buses b/c I get sick, and now I spend my lunches with friends. So it doesn't quite work for me, but I am making efforts to find a better balance between the literary fun and social fun. So far it's working out.

But I checked out his blog, and discovered my new favorite kind of post: what books he notices on the bus. NICE. During my old bus commute, I pretty much only noticed people with the newspaper and the Bible. On BART in the Bay Area on the other hand, I noticed all sorts of random things.

Anyway, thanks Don for this peek into LA public transit readers. I'll be looking for more.

No comments: