Sunday, April 15, 2007

Best Week Ever!

I like to use hyperbole, but seriously, I am celebrating this week. Why?

It's National Library Week! A whole week of love for that great institution that contains books and knowledge - and shares them for free. The LA County library system is excited too, with speakers each night. Co-hosting, another of my favorite things: the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. It's only two weeks away, and tickets will be available starting at noon next Sunday - to help cure your blues and post-library week hangover.

The city's libraries are more circumspect, I guess, b/c I didn't see anything about it on their website. And didn't notice anything during my quick trip to my local branch Saturday. However, while I was searching, I did remind myself of the amazing events hosted regularly by the library. I signed up for a couple mailing lists. You should check out the site and maybe do so too.

Erin's Library will be celebrating the week by posting every day (or attempting to). So check back often.

1 comment:

Don said...

Oh thank God, I was thinking that tickets were being made available today which would mean that I totally missed out on getting Ray Bradbury tix.