Friday, January 17, 2014

2013 Year in Review

Time to quickly look back at 2013, before I mention that I've already read 3 books in 2014. So here goes:

Books read: 47 (decent)
Of those, how many were:
*Romance novels: 9, let's say
*Owned by me: 15 (down a little from last year, but still respectable)
*YA: 9 (mostly trilogies)

*Written by female authors:  28 (60%, down from 70% last year. Additionally, if you take out the YA trilogies and the romance novels, we're down to 11 of 30. Hmm.)
*Non-fiction: 9. Plus 4 were histories! Good work

Favorites:

Was one of those a clear "best read of the year"? I don't think so. But each of them not only compelled me to keep reading and reading, but they also raised questions that kept me thinking well after the book was over.

Goals for 2014? None yet. This is going to be a busy year - good heavens wedding planning is a project - but I want to keep carving out reading time. I'm trusting myself to follow my instincts on what I should be reading. Hopefully that will mean continuing to whittle down that big "to-read" shelf a bit too.


No comments: