Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Happy e-mail in my inbox

Good news
I am thrilled to inform you that we have successfully restored $1.5
million in funding to our City’s public libraries. We will now be
able to buy new books to fill library shelves and keep regional library
branches opened on Sundays.

As Vice-Chair of the Los Angeles Budget and Finance Committee I was
honored to fight for one of our City’s most valued resources, our
libraries. But we could not have achieved this victory without the
impressive outpouring of community support to restore funds. I received
hundreds of emails, phone calls and letters expressing concern about the
proposed funding cuts. I thank you for your commitment to keeping our
treasured libraries open and available to all our residents. I look
forward to hearing from you again soon.

Sincerely,

Councilwoman Wendy Greuel
Second Council District

Mary Poppins wrote about this too in today's Times.

No comments: