Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Busy, like a bee

It's been a little hectic around here in Libraryland, so there hasn't been much time for reading.

I did, however, come across this interesting review in the LA Times Book Review. California: America's High-Stakes Experiment, by Peter Schrag, offers the take "of a disappointed liberal, a believer n the Golden State's vaunted postwar promise who has watched the dream drift out of reach." Schrag addresses the paradoxes and "uncomfortable truths" about my unique home state.

The reviewer, Kevin Roderick, is an interesting character in his own right as the force behind LA Observed, which is currently heading my list of favorite LA blogs. (I am oddly fascinated by his ability to make the local news sound relevant.) Local readers should check it out.

Also, I have started a new book, so more posts are coming.

No comments: