Monday, December 19, 2011

The course of true love...

I'm In No Mood For Love - Rachel Gibson (Avon Books, 2006)

Calling Romeo - Alexandra Potter (Downtown Press, 2002)

I needed a romantic reading fix, so took a trip to the library and ended up with these two, figuring I was safe with both authors. And now I don't have that much to say, except that here they are. Gibson ran more or less according to romance genre conventions, but I found both characters appealing. Potter offered a really interesting look at how a love story almost falls apart, and what's required to make a relationship work. Fairly or not, I found one character loads more sympathetic than the others, but a happy ending for one requires a happy ending for most, so.... 

And now the pink books go back to the library, and something else will take their place.

No comments: