Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Holy F***

I know I complain a lot about how behind I get on my reading (particularly of New Yorkers, and I just finished the July 2 issue today while at jury duty). But it has assumed tragic proportions - my magazine pile now stands 31 issues deep, and includes issues dating back to January of certain mags. AND it doesn't fit in my nightstand anymore.

This calls for desperate measures.

And yet, I'm currently enraptured by a most unusual academic mystery, Rebecca Stott's Ghostwalk. More on that soon.

2 comments:

Don said...

That's part of why I don't take the New Yorker any more. Well that and Tina Brown. I should get Granta again, it was a nice size and frequency. At the moment the only periodicals that come to me are ZYZZYVA (three times a year, 170pp at a shot) and One Story (18 times a year, but each issue is, as the title suggests, just one story). I should probably post blog entries about each mag when I finish it, but that'd mean getting back into blogging and the other writing is a bit more engaging at the moment.

Erin said...

I didn't start reading NYer until after the Tina Brown era, so that has helped. And I have enjoyed Granta, but never managed to read it with any timeliness. Hope your other writing is going well :)