Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Confession

I don't think I've ever pretended to be immune to the lure of chick lit, although I don't indulge all that often. (Exceptions made for Helen Fielding.)

But last night, I started the oft-mentioned Dog Days, by Official Erin's Library Icon Ana Marie Cox, now Time columnist extraordinaire. Thus far, it is a just barely disguised account of the 2004
presidential campaign. Apparently some Washingtonienne gets thrown in too. And there's a little West Wing too, and a HUGE dose of Blackberry love. Our heroine Melanie has a glamorous life, sort of. So it's catty and sexy, and yet nerdy too.

This is not the best of books, and I prefer the blogging/columnist Ana Marie to the novelist. But that doesn't mean that it's not a rollicking good time to read.

No comments: