Sunday, September 25, 2005

In case you've been wondering...

... life events have gotten away from me, and taking away from both reading and blogging time. But I hope to have more time for both as we transition from late summer into fall. But I have been reading a little.

Earlier this month, our book club discussed Tobias Wolff's Old School, a fictionalized memoir of life at a tony boarding school in the 60s. The whims of teenage star crushes are illuminated in loving detail, and Wolff notes the class tensions simmering below the surface for a scholarship boy. Plus great sendups of Robert Frost, Ayn Rand, and Ernest Hemingway. A read that manages to be fun and light as well as thoughtful.

Right now, I'm working slowly through another short read, this one by Muriel Spark. More on that as I move closer to finishing...

No comments: