Monday, January 11, 2010

Damn, Sookie

Dead to the World, Charlaine Harris
New York: Ace Books, 2004

Dead as a Doornail, Charlaine Harris
New York: Ace Books, 2005

I read these at some point over the last few weeks. Which puts me about halfway through the series? I need to space out the rest until True Blood is back on the air, perhaps.

Anyway, the supernatural world grows in leaps and bounds, Sookie almost dies about a zillion times, but most importantly, EVERYONE wants to have sex with Sookie. It's kind of out of control. Also, like Gossip Girl (please stop and note the awesome tag), I think the show will have to make a pretty significant break from the books and go off on its own tangents. (I still get sad when I think of what I heard Book Chuck is like. Ugh.) The show has already deviated wildly through the first two seasons, and what gossip I've heard (thank you Anonymous Friend who visited the set) suggests Season 3 is the same.

No comments: