Monday, November 10, 2008

Twilight update

That series is like crack or something. I don't understand it, but I'm willing to concede that I have really enjoyed spending three straight weekends working through the first three books. The fourth, well, that's going to wait until after finals.

A couple quick things worth noting: I know Romeo & Juliet and Wuthering Heights are fairly typical teen fare; now I'm trying to decide whether Meyer's explicit use of them has made them more accessible or has otherwise turned young readers onto the classics. Also, I love this poem. And well before I saw it as the beginning quote to Eclipse, I had been thinking of it in conjunction to this series. However, I think about it kind of a lot, so maybe that's not such a coincidence.

----------------
Now playing: Dave Matthews Band - Warehouse
via FoxyTunes

No comments: