Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mark your calendars

I recently decided to expand my reading list. Having left DC for my hometown, I realized that while I don't have to give up Wonkette, I should go Hollywood too. So my regular blog checking now includes LAist and LA Observed. I'm still getting the feel for them, and also wouldn't mind other suggestions for LA blogs.

But the positives of the decision were immediately clear when I found out that the LA Times has announced the dates for this year's Book Festival. (Last year's was a blast.) From their site, I discovered that the festival will take place April 29-30 and that it will feature
131,000+ Passionate Readers
370+ Famous Authors
300+ Popular Exhibitors
900+ Loyal Volunteers
6 Exciting Stages
2 Interactive Children’s Areas
Mmm, a little taste of heaven at UCLA. (Another taste of heaven can be found down the hill in Westwood Village, at Diddy Reese.) Hope to see you there.

No comments: